Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My People are Destroyed for Lack of Knowledge

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. (Hosea 4:6.)

I believe God is our creator and FATHER and is sovereign over ALL His creation. One of the references the bible uses for God is "The Potter" and for us "The Clay" (Jeremiah 18).

But now, O LORD, you are our Father;
we are the clay, and you are our potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
(Isaiah 64:8. ESV.)

Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? (Romans 9:21. ESV.)

Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable. (2 Timothy 2:20. ESV.)

You turn things upside down!Shall the potter be regarded as the clay,that the thing made should say of its maker, "He did not make me"; or the thing formed say of him who formed it, "He has no understanding"? (Isaiah 29:16. ESV.)


Sometimes the children I have been entrusted to help raise and train up like to test the envelope. At times a rebellious streak will appear and occasionally temper tantrums take place...but ultimately, regardless of the topic of discussion, the parent has the final say. Further rebellion or disobedience brings about discipline, either from me, their dad, or merely the consequence for the action...like not wearing proper protective gear before riding a bike, dirt bike, or ATV (quad) would cause injury in a crash or if thrown. A description of God in scripture is "Heavenly FATHER". In my life, He has the last word. He knows best and ultimately is going to direct me, for my own good (Romans 8:28).

My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline
or be weary of his reproof,
12 for the LORD reproves him whom he loves,
as a father the son in whom he delights
. (Proverbs 3:11-12. ESV.)


From time to time I tell my kiddos, "You have to trust me." The same can be said for God. I must have faith He does all things for my benefit not to hurt me. Even if that includes a hurricane, tornado, illness, car accident, death of a loved one, fire, etc.

Now, therefore, say to the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: 'Thus says the LORD, Behold, I am shaping disaster against you and devising a plan against you. Return, every one from his evil way, and amend your ways and your deeds.' (Jeremiah 18:11. ESV.)


Job lost everything. He questioned his Heavenly Father though did not curse Him. To the questions God replied (starting with Job 38) with:

4"Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
5Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6On what were its bases sunk,
or who laid its cornerstone,
8Or who shut in the sea with doors
when it burst out from the womb,
9when I made clouds its garment
and thick darkness its swaddling band,
12"Have you commanded the morning since your days began,
and caused the dawn to know its place,
16"Have you entered into the springs of the sea,
or walked in the recesses of the deep?
17Have the gates of death been revealed to you,
or have you seen the gates of deep darkness?
18Have you comprehended the expanse of the earth?
Declare, if you know all this.
19"Where is the way to the dwelling of light,
and where is the place of darkness,
24What is the way to the place where the light is distributed,
or where the east wind is scattered upon the earth?...


The above are just a few of the many questions God had for Job...but mainly, in my opinion, God was basically asking, "Who do you think you are questioning me?"

Christ was tortured and suffered further on the cross. Though He asked the cup be taken from Him if it was the will of His Father, Christ Jesus did not throw a fit. He knew it was going to be very bad and even sweat out blood because of his distress but He was not disobedient nor did He whine and complain. He knew #1 it was for the greater good (Thank you, Lord!) and #2 God has the authoritative say-so and that is the bottom line. Sound unfair? Yeah, my youngsters think that of me when they do not get their way. They view everything in the "here and now" however I factor in more information before making decisions regarding their lives and welfare. I feel the same can be said for God.

...the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing... (Ezra 1:1. NKJV.)


I love because God first loved us (1 John 4:19) just as my children learn all kinds of stuff from me. I am not their Holy Spirit though. Only God can "stir up the spirit". And when He takes action it is for a very specific reaction...cause and effect.

Sure, I have a certain amount of liberties (freedom/ free-will) just as the adolescents under my care do...however, at the end of the day God, my Father and my King, is sovereign and oversees all. I could die tomorrow and no will of mine would be able to change that. I am under His rule and His protection (which I love). Truly, there is nowhere else I would rather be. And, thankfully, (because of Christ) I am allowed (free) to commune with my King!

The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
the righteous man runs into it and is safe
. (Proverbs 18:10. ESV.)


Praise God!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails