Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Prayer for Tim Tebow

Formerly one of my Gators, Tim Tebow has made it very clear he is God's guy. With it being easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God (Matthew 19:24, 1 Timothy 6:9), I pray Tebow will never lose God's way...as he has been blessed abundantly with talent and is a sheep in the midst of wolves (Matthew 10:16). Though I have to say, what a great mission field.

The bible is chock-full of events where wise men fell victim to temptation and the lure of sin with its momentary gratification that costs a man his life (Romans 6:23). My prayer is God will never cast Tebow away from His presence and not take His Holy Spirit from him (Psalm 51:11).

My words are not nearly as eloquent as some (like the Puritans) who breathe beautiful praises to the Lord and pleas on behalf of those for whom they are praying. For that I apologize.

Sovereign Father,

I bring your faithful servant Timmy Tebow to the foot of your throne and humbly ask for your hedge of protection around him (Job 1:10) and his heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26). Please continue to grant him wisdom like that of a serpent and innocence of a dove (Matthew 10:16). Please do not allow the ways of this world to weigh heavily upon him nor the wicked to persecute him.

The line of David crumbled and was reduced to one - Joash, yet you held him up and protected him against those who meant him harm (2 Chronicles 22:10-12 and 1 Chronicles 23:12-21.) I beseech, likewise, you will not permit evil to touch your child Tebow. Please keep pride at bay so he does not reap the same fate as Sampson but rather bless him with a daughter of your favor who will be the best helpmate possible (Proverbs 31:12).

I thank you, Father, for this beacon of light (Tebow) who boldly and unashamed stands firm and proclaims You and Your precious Son, King. I am grateful he is not embarrassed to walk in Your statutes though worldliness is in stark contrast and demands much of its idols. I pray he may have a long reign in his profession and in the media...for Your glory, Lord.

I ask forgiveness if my utterances are found offensive or inadequate. My heart's desire is for the furthering of Your kingdom, that many may be saved. All honor and glory are yours my King, our rock and our redeemer (Psalm 19:14).

In the name of your precious Son, Christ Jesus, I pray...Amen.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails