Friday, July 16, 2010

Thankful for Rachel Ray

In my endeavor to be a Proverbs 31 wife, I feel it is helpful to have inspiration (in each of the areas). When it comes to preparing meals for my family (Proverbs 31:14-15, 27, 31) Rachel Ray (via her cooking show) offers me encouragement.

For the past eight years (give or take) I have believed myself to be an awful cook (if even considered a "cook" at all). But come to find out (after some positive feedback and words of support) I'm actually not half bad. And, instead of dreading dinner time I now actually look forward to it. As a special incentive/ motivator, I flip on cooking programs (while in the kitchen) for recipes, meal ideas, and tips! It is astounding how God stretches and "grows" people especially when there is nothing to stunt that progress and development but rather nourish it.

Being I enjoy eating, health and fitness, and being creative...it stands to reason I would be at least moderately decent at making tasty, healthy dishes. I have found myself to be more of a fish and rice girl (as opposed to meat and potatoes) but I'm ready to chuck the "1,000 Ways to Make Chicken" book (figuratively speaking...along with my dependency on other cookbooks), trust my palate, spread my wings, and fly by the seat of my pants.

And Lord, I thank you for Rachel Ray.

An excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels.
11The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
12She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life....
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised
. (Proverbs 31:10-12, 30. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails