Monday, August 16, 2010

Come Boldly to the Throne of Grace


"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16. NKJV.)


Lord, I thank you for your word (2 Timothy 3:16). Thank you for a measure of faith (Romans 12:3), Your grace (Ephesians 2:1-9), a new heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26), eyes to see, ears to hear (Deuteronomy 29:4), and a new spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, oh Lord. Take not your Holy Spirit from me (Psalm 51:11) but lead me in the paths of righteousness, for your glory (Psalm 23:3).

I am grateful for the body of Christ, the bride. For those brothers and sisters in Christ you have placed in my life to pray for me, give me wise biblical counsel, encouragement, unwavering love (1 Corinthians 13:4-7), and support. I am blessed you have removed anyone who would lead me astray, away from You as the center of my life and my focus. Sometimes it is hard for me to understand why things are the way they are (Isaiah 55:8) but I have complete faith in You for You, unlike me, are omniscient. You see hearts and intentions. You recognize when a person is struggling with the flesh as opposed to being obedient to you. I pray I will listen carefully to your leading of my heart and follow Your instructions exactly. You alone are the compass which I consult, my map, my Way.

I rejoice in Your sovereignty...that not a single particle of dust dances randomly in the breeze. But rather you have the ability to stop the wind from blowing, the waves from crashing, the fire from burning. You speak and all things are your servants (Psalm 119:91). You have told the ocean, "Here your proud waves stop." (Job 38:11). You have given me an abundance of experiences so that I may be empathetic to others. It has taken me a while to grasp why I have felt such pain, why I have had to look in the face of evil and not be moved, why I have had to undergo the sting of being judged by both friend and foe, why I have had to learn what bullying, maltreatment, and humility feel and look like. I get it now that when I say, "For Your glory" I have to have a full and complete understanding of these things in order for me to serve to the fullest with wisdom...so as not to inadvertently hurt others. Please, Lord, don't ever let me forget.

All honor and glory are yours. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in you sight oh Lord, my strength and my redeemer (Psalm 19:14).

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, (2 Timothy 3:16. ESV.)

If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken— (John 10:35. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails