Saturday, September 25, 2010

God and Football

Yes, I am a fan...a GATOR fanatic! College ball all the way...sorry NFL.

But I do not pray for my fabulous FL Gators to win. Someone once asked me, "Do you really think God cares about football?" No. I do not feel God gives a hoot about which team wins or loses however I do believe He cares a lot about the players!

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." (1 Samuel 16:7. ESV.)

Jeremiah 17:10: "I the LORD search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds."


While I am cheering regarding the plays, God and His angels rejoice each time a sinner is saved.

I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. (Luke 15:7. ESV.)


As I watch twenty-two individuals scurry about passing, kicking, blocking, running, and tackling, God views the hearts of these men and even governs their time on the field...(not to mention the spectators). He orchestrates every person, word spoken, and action performed as though painting a canvas...each stroke perfectly crafted and placed. And during this process, a game is either won or lost.

Though I do not bother with stats or rules but rather just enjoy the entertainment of the sport, I take great joy in knowing God cares about so much more than victory or defeat in a worldly pleasure. He is concerned about souls and eternity.

GO GATORS!!!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails