Monday, September 13, 2010

Let Us Not Grow Weary: Part Three

Standing Before the Throne

I love that I can go before the throne of God and place all of my sadness, doubts, anxiety, heartache, frustrations, trials, joy, praises, requests, intercessions, thankfulness, etc. before my King. And, I can stay as long as I want.

He never turns a deaf ear nor tells me to leave. I can even sleep there if I desire. He knows my heart yet He allows me to voice it all to Him regardless. And it is only because of His obedient Son, my Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus that I may approach my King and He is my Heavenly Father full of love, discipline, grace, mercy, wisdom, and blessings for me...for all of us.

It's Not About Man! It's About Him!

Lack of knowledge and the idol of self causes me to be unable to hear and be blind to God and His will. If I am more concerned about being right, getting my own way, and only focusing on myself then I am going to miss how God is leading my heart.

The heart of man plans his way,
but the LORD establishes his steps.
(Proverbs 16:9. ESV.)


We are the Church Together

The church is the body/bride of Christ. And (as John Piper says) Christ Jesus NEVER divorces the church. I know it is debated as to the importance of meeting together in a building (Matthew 18:20) but I, personally, love and desire to fellowship with others. I feel it is lovely to share something of the heart so dear as Christ Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit. I recently read a phrase that I consider accurately expresses my feelings on the matter. It said, “One church, many congregations”.

No, my fellow sisters and brothers in Christ and I do not always agree (or even often concur) on EVERYTHING...and I do have my favorite teachers but is one facility better than another? If they are both firm in the foundation of God's word/ doctrinally sound, I do not believe so. Is it wrong to attend more than one "congregation" if both have excellent instructors/pastors?

It is my opinion no one group is going to be perfect. Man is not without flaws. There are always going to be disappointments on some level or another. But God's ways are not our ways. His thoughts are not like ours (Isaiah 55:8). And, I have to admit, sometimes it is hard to understand why things have to happen the way they do. Why does God's will hurt at times...or even worse, upset those we love so dearly?

Regardless of circumstances, despite events big or small, God is still on His throne.

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is filled with his glory." (Isaiah 6:3)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails