Thursday, October 21, 2010

DANCE: Competition Solo 1994

A Glimpse About Me

I am thankful for the blessing of being able to dance. I studied under a fantastic instructor and now teach dance education myself (and choreograph from time to time). This is a video from when I was still studying, performing, and participating in competitions. This is back in the day when "Star Search" was on television but (obviously) before "So You Think You Can Dance", "America's Got Talent", and "Dancing with the Stars".

This particular piece falls into the "lyrical" category. It is sort of a mix between ballet, jazz, and theater. :) My favorite to teach is ballet and I prefer to use Christian music. I have also lead liturgical dance for the congregation in which I grew up.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(Ecclesiastes 3:1 & 4. ESV.)


P.S. Please forgive me for the VHS quality of the video.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails