Thursday, October 07, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Dear Dad,

Today we celebrate your life! I am so thankful for you and your love. I am grateful I was able to watch you as a missionary... traveling to other countries/territories to serve the people and be and example of Christ Jesus. I remember on one trip you took toys with you to give to the children and though I did not desire to share, it was a wonderful lesson for me to learn. When I saw the pictures of how much those toys meant to the youngsters receiving them it softened my heart and today I teach this to my own kiddos. I thank God for each and every day I have with you, for the fellowship and discussions of God's word and His character, for the laughter, instruction you have given me (i.e. "Two 'wrongs' never make a 'right'", "You can do anything to which you put your mind.", etc.) your open door policy, your hospitality, importance of family, and for the overall feeling of being loved by my daddy. I thank God for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I pray you have a beautiful day in God's sovereign grace!

Much love,
Brook

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails