Friday, October 29, 2010

How is God Like Us?

As I have mentioned before, I am currently attempting to make my way through Wayne Grudem's book SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY. It came highly recommended by a pastor I believe to be solid in doctrine and so far I have found it to be a fantastic read.

At the moment, I am in chapter twelve: “Communicable Attributes of God”. The literature on a whole is made up of seven parts comprised of 57 chapters in total. My initial plan of action was to tackle one chapter each day...however chapter eleven ended up taking three days to complete and being chapter twelve is just as lengthy I imagine it will take the same amount of time to conquer…but well worth it!

This book is my constant companion...not that I get to read it every moment of the day... quite the opposite actually. However, it sits open on the dining room table waiting for me to get a spare minute to study its contents. Further, I lug it to places like the public park, pool, and/or skate park so I can devour it a little more while the kiddos have P.E. time. Twice now, while out, other mothers have made reference to "my studies" (as this work by Grudem exceeds 1,200 pages and resembles college course material)...but I love getting to know God better.

The LORD passed before him and proclaimed, "The LORD, the LORD, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, 7 keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children’s children, to the third and the fourth generation." (Exodus 34:6-7. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails