Friday, November 12, 2010

Fixing Up the Dinosaur: Konica Hexanon AR

Pimp My Camera

I believe I was in high school when I received my fabulous, reliable Konica Hexanon AR 35mm (film) camera. That was quite a few years ago (and no I am not going to tell you how many) and when I moved from the east coast to the west coast of the United States I feared it had been lost forever. Only to find, about a year ago, my beloved brother had found it and saved it for me (all those years). Thanks, bro! So, why mention this camera?

Well, I used to take lots of pictures! Family members and other loved ones were usually inundated with a flow of photos. Then, one day, life kicked into full gear and my opportunities with this hobby came to a screeching halt. I laid down the camera (not this one but another one - about eight years ago) and have yet to pick it back up. But, now is the time.

A camera give-a-way has inspired me to relight an old flame. Though I did not win the lovely, heavy duty, digital camera that was up for grabs, I did gain my passion back. So, without further hesitation I headed straight over to eBay and started researching some lenses I could get for (very) cheap that would fit and enhance the possibilities. So far I have sent payment for a (very reasonably priced) zoom lens and have my eyes on (and bid cast for) a 135mm lens. It's like Christmas... and actually these will count (according to me) as Christmas gifts... just slightly early so I can utilize them where I am now before heading out... traveling again.

Praise God for His blessings!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails