Monday, November 15, 2010

I am Not Hurting Anyone So Why Should It Matter? (Part One)

If You Don't Like It...Tough!

Many moons ago, when I was fresh out of school (and my parents' house) I set off for an adventure and to make my own way in the world. I felt I was a "good person" with a loving heart. I had grown up in the church, respected God, Jesus, my mother, and father. I was generally obedient to the rules (both household and doctrine) and at the age of 17 ½ I was free to stretch my wings and fly!

And soar I did, to other states in the United States and even to other continents. Over vast oceans I traveled to places I had only read about. The whole world was my playground and I was in the mindset to live for the moment! In other countries I worked for a well known international (family friendly) company and was treated similarly to someone well known. Myself and other cast (and crew) members were stopped in public venues to pose for pictures and sign the occasional autograph. When we would go out, the corporation for which I worked was announced as if we were of much importance. I did whatever I wanted, whenever I wished.

I Have the Right to Live as I Desire

During the next ten years I lived in rebellion to God's word in some areas. But, I was not hurting anyone so who cared? Right?

My view of love and relationships was distorted. I had never learned or studied scripture about God's design for men, women, and marriage (yet even so, I was without excuse). I convinced myself (against my better judgment) that #1 I have the right (as a human being) to live my life as I see fit, #2 God designed me the way I am and as my Father He loves me as the individual He created no matter what, #3 the bible may define aspects of the lifestyle in which I was engaging as SIN but it wasn't harming anyone so it should be okay, and #4 I am a decent, respectable, honorable, loving person. I deserved to be happy! So if anyone had a problem with me they just had to deal with it!

To be continued...
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails