Monday, December 06, 2010

He Will Not Let You be Tempted Beyond Your Ability

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:13. ESV.)


Have you ever had one of those days? You know the kind, where it feels like an uphill battle, perhaps a tad overwhelming, and all you want is a moment to catch your breath. Today was of that nature for me… especially in the morning. I was caring for two loved ones with (temporary) special needs due to orthopedic reasons, plus packing for a relocation move, on top of the usual daily duties of preparing meals, teaching school studies, laundry, etc. Not to mention managing phone calls and a couple (medical related) visitors. Phew.

But God’s word reminds me that His grace is more than enough!

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9. ESV.)


Oh boy am I weak…so puny. It is ONLY because of Christ that I have the strength to face difficulties.

He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
30Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
31but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
(Isaiah 40:29-31. ESV.)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13. ESV.)


I often think of the John Bunyan work THE PILGRIM’S PROGRESS and at the end of Christian’s pilgrimage there’s a scene where Christian crosses the River of Death. This illustration springs to mind when I read Isaiah 43:2 which states,
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.” (Isaiah 43:2. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails