Friday, December 17, 2010

If I Cannot be in Your Presence at Least I Have Your Words

This thought strikes me, lately, on a couple of levels. First, I obviously think of God and His word which I feel was given to us so we would know His statues, expectations, etc. I have heard some people call it a "love letter" to us. Secondly, I think of individuals I adore and miss dearly whose lives I cannot be a part of physically but I can write (or call) them and they to me... so we still have the sentiments. I cannot help but wonder, though, which sense is more important, touch, sight, or hearing? Perhaps it is relative.

Not being able to hug loved ones, God, and Jesus is hard for me. I desire a heartfelt embrace. But does that mean I cannot function on printed language alone? No, it does not. I have a fondness for expressions that have been jotted down for me to review, process, and then (to which to) respond.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalm 119:105. ESV.)

I delight in God leaving us His written word… penned by man, inspired by God. And I take joy in receiving letters and/or email from family and friends. Though I cannot be with them, I am thankful to read their love expressed to me on paper.

Scripture cannot be broken (John 10:35. ESV.)


Also, I am still reading SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY by Wayne Grudem. I'm just moving a bit slower than prefered.


(Photo by: Vince Petaccio)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails