Saturday, January 29, 2011

Do You Know That is Demonic?

I am continuing with Mark Driscoll's series on "Spiritual Warfare".  He brings up some interesting points.  For example he states,
When a Christian marries a non-Christian, do you know that's demonic?  That's demonic.  That's what satan wants.  See, Malachi 2, God wants godly offspring.  Christian/non-Christan, they get married, have kids, satan has the opportunity to bring to an end a legacy of godly offspring....Are you equally yoked?

I never would have thought of that.  Infact, I was under the impression God would cover the unsaved spouse (otherwise the children would be pagans).  Regardless, it's nice to know satan does not share God's attributes so unlike God who is everywhere, all knowing, and is aware of the heart and thoughts of man, satan is not.  He can only be in one place at a time and is only cognizant of spoken sentiments and behavior.  And, there are bigger fish to fry than little ol' me.  But that does not mean I am immune to the webs he has created...like false teachers, deceitfulness, etc.  I am easily deceived.  Grudem has a chapter on satan and demons in his excellent book SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY.  (A resource, I feel, well worth reading.)

26 Be angry and do not sin; (Ephesians 4:26. ESV.)

Mark Driscoll further teaches,
Too many Christians have a wrong impression that anger is a bad thing.  Anger is the right response to sin....  If you don't feel angry, there is something wrong.  Let me give you permission to be angry. Let me give you permission to tell people you are meeting with, "That makes God very angry, that makes me very angry."...But don't let your anger lead you into sin.

Would this fall into the category of "righteous anger" maybe?  I'm not sure but I tend to agree with what Driscoll said here.  He gives some examples in his message that, I feel, really drive his point home.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails