Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This River of God is Full for Thy Supply

Sometimes I feel discouraged.  Whether it is in general or specific areas (i.e. as a mother, wife, friend, family member, etc.).  But Charles Spurgeon's daily "Morning and Evening" reading reminded me Jesus and His awesome Father are ALWAYS available to help me.  Spurgeon states,
This morning let us hear the Lord Jesus speak to each one of us: "I will help thee." "It is but a small thing for Me, thy God, to help thee. Consider what I have done already....Before the world began I chose thee. I made the covenant for thee. I laid aside My glory and became a man for thee; I gave up My life for thee; and if I did all this, I will surely help thee now. In helping thee, I am giving thee what I have bought for thee already. If thou hadst need of a thousand times as much help, I would give it thee; thou requirest little compared with what I am ready to give. 'Tis much for thee to need, but it is nothing for me to bestow....

Bring hither thine empty pitcher! Surely this well will fill it. Haste, gather up thy wants, and bring them here - thine emptiness, thy woes, thy needs. Behold, this river of God is full for thy supply; what canst thou desire beside? Go forth, my soul, in this thy might. The Eternal God is thine helper! "Fear not, I am with thee, oh, be not dismay'd!

I, I am thy God, and will still give thee aid."

As I mentioned before on this blog, I once heard a speaker give an excellent message about monuments verses wells.  He said some people build "monuments" in honor of themselves and others dig "wells" that will supply water for years to come.  My goal is for this site to be a "well" from which multitudes will be able to draw... for God's glory, not my own (of course).  And with God, all things are possible.

I have made some changes to this site, however one has to visit the site to see what is different and that which is new.  For those viewing this in their email, on Facebook, or another route I'll point out some of the recent additions.  There is now a "menu" in the left sidebar for resources in various areas such as:

Curiosity in Christianity - for those who have a stirring desire to get to know more about God, Jesus, and what it is to be a follower of Christ.

Children Ministries - for anyone looking for programs and/or curriculum to use in a bible study with/for their children.

Links - to businesses/services provided by men and women in the body of Christ, nonprofit organizations I support, and blogs that bless.

I will continue "digging this well" and adding to this "menu" as further resources are placed on my heart--- which point to Christ and God's word--- hopeful many will benefit and God will be glorified.

I pray for God's blessing upon this "well"--- that all shall love Him with all their heart and with all their soul and with all their might.  That God's word and commandments shall be on their heart and taught diligently to children, talked of while sitting at home, when walking by the way, when lying down, and when going about the day (Deuteronomy 6:5-7).

(Click here for photo information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails