Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Transitioning From one Congregation to Another: One Body with Many Parts

I am in a season of transition but that does not mean my heart has changed in any way, shape, or form toward God. I was attending a Sovereign Grace church in one area and now that I am no longer in that region, I have to relocate to a new one...same family, different branch. Though I have yet to do so, this is in fact my heart's desire. But it will be a commute of roughly an hour and fifteen minutes each way. Many travel further for work so really, what is the big deal? I'll only be able to attend worship services but when I was merely 15 minutes away from my last church home I still only made it there once a week.

Switching gears, I read a fantastic bit of Spurgeon's "Morning and Evening" just a moment ago. It stated,
"[T]here is one crown in heaven which the angel Gabriel could not wear, it will fit no head but mine. There is one throne in heaven which Paul the apostle could not fill; it was made for me, and I shall have it."...

If thou believest in the Lord Jesus, if thou hast repented of sin, if thou hast been renewed in heart, thou art one of the Lord's people, and there is a place reserved for thee, a crown laid up for thee, a harp specially provided for thee. No one else shall have thy portion, it is reserved in heaven for thee, and thou shalt have it ere long, for there shall be no vacant thrones in glory when all the chosen are gathered in.

This world is not my home. I did hear a man speak once, however, stating this earth is our inheritance--- quoting "On earth as it is in heaven" and
2And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. (Revelation 21:2-4. ESV.)
He implored the congregation to take care and not pollute and destroy this place for it will be our dwelling, not heaven. Perhaps he meant for the thousand year reign? I'm not sure but I will post another time regarding what Grudem says, regarding this topic, in his book SYSTEMATIC THEOLOGY.

"No one else shall have [my] portion" but for now I travel through this mist (James 4:14), on route to where my King and Savior wait. Has the thousand year reign already started? No, according to Grudem, this is still New Testament time. How much longer will it be until the "new Jerusalem comes out of heaven from God"? That is undisclosed to us...a part of God's concealed will. So, until then I walk the Path and enjoy the company of others as we go! One body with many parts.

(Click here for photo information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails