Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hope for Your Dark Night of the Soul

Justin Taylor posted a segment of a 2008 interview with Bob Kauflin over at "The Gospel Coalition" blog.

[A]lthough I’d been a Christian for twenty-two years (since 1972) I was driven by a desire to be praised by men. And I wasn’t succeeding. When you plant a church, you find out that there are a lot of people who don’t agree with you. People who came to plant the church left. All of that assaulted my craving to be admired and praised and loved and worshiped and adored and applauded. God, I believe, just took his hand from me and said, “Okay, you handle this your way.” I knew the gospel, but what I didn’t know was how great a sinner I was. I thought the gospel I needed was for pretty good people, and that wasn’t sufficient to spare me from the utter hopelessness I felt during that time.

Click here to continue reading.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails