Tuesday, February 22, 2011

If Anyone Destroys God’s Temple, God Will Destroy Him

"Jesus promised his disciples three things: that they would be completely fearless, absurdly happy and in constant trouble." G.K. Chesterton

I strongly dislike that man can hurt my heart (whether it is with words that pierce like a sword (Proverbs 12:18), actions that are not pleasing to God, etc.).  To be frank, (as apposed to Tom, Dick, or Harry I suppose) there are days I wish my heart was made of stone and/or impervious to wickedness intended for harm.  I would love to have a hedge of protection around my heart or a shield that could deflect arrows. God's word tells me,

 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication.  (Ephesians 6:14-18. ESV.)

I feel God is straight forward where as satan and evil cause havoc and confusion.  At which time I must keep my eyes focused on the cross, trust in this armor which was given to me, not deviate from what I believe to be the truth, and have unwavering faith in God who will not allow (me) His temple to be destroyed.

Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.  (1 Corinthians 3:16-17. ESV.)

So, woe to those who attack "God's temple".  God never lies and His word says He will "destroy" them.

I have to remember, God only calls me to faithful and He takes care of ALL the rest. He only expects me to be pleasing to Him (even if man sees it as foolishness). I do not have to appease man. God only directs me to take my own thoughts captive, not those of others. I am only responsible for myself (my behavior, etc.) I cannot force anyone to love God, serve God, love Jesus, love me, and live accordingly. Am I glorifying God?

(Photo information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails