Tuesday, March 29, 2011

God All Sufficient

"Never desire another's success until you know the sacrifice, pain and pressure they went through to achieve it."  ~ Rick Warren

I love this quote!!!  I suppose it goes along with the saying about walking in someone else's shoes...and since I am a big advocate for encouraging with grace (as opposed to judging harshly), it strikes a chord with me---so to speak.

Jesus NEVER said taking up the cross and following Him would be easy.  I do believe He actually said quite the opposite!  So why bother?  Especially if my sin is more enjoyable and gives me instant gratification instead of having to wait to be glorified (Romans 8:28-30)?  (Yikes, I feel like I am going to get struck by lightning here in a moment...I better get to my point.  Just joking. God knows my heart, THANKFULLY!) :)

A Promise of Grace

This vapor of a life (James 4:14) is difficult.  As Pastor Toby said this sabbath, "Sin makes everything complicated."  Being one of the "saints" (though I never feel worthy of the term) is a HUGE challenge what with spiritual warfare, being pruned/refined, etc.  Tribulation may seem to be a regular occurrence.  But even so, God gave us His promise that NO MATTER WHAT! His grace is ALWAYS SUFFICIENT!  (This, of course, does not cover a mind that is running amuck with "what if's" but does apply to everything else.)

9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  (2 Corinthians 12:9. ESV.)

This is in NO WAY to suggest mourning is not okay!  We pilgrims (a title with which I am more comfortable) are called to rejoice and even weep together (Romans 12:15) as a whole.  That's love!  God is love!  And we are image bearers made for glory (as Pastor Toby said).

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails