Monday, March 07, 2011

Over Monday Morning Coffee

I've decided to start doing a more off the cuff, spontaneous post once a week. Usually, I feel passionately about something (or am struggling in an area, or rejoicing over God's mercy, grace, and works) and then I research to make sure I'm (hopefully close to) accurate where theology and God's word are concerned.

But, sometimes I wonder if glorifying God is not just about prepared statements...though they are true. When I speak to someone in person, I generally have no idea what the conversation is going to hold, where it is going to go, how I am going to share God and Christ with the individual to whom I am speaking. And though I cannot hear your voice and fellowship with you face to face, perhaps we can still converse, like two friends via post, over many miles. I know you can not hold this in your hand like a letter (or note) on paper (unless you are using a handheld device), but don't the words still have meaning regardless of their presentation?

I don't know where this "blog post" finds you. I don't know what you are going through. But I want you to know that I do care...and look forward to hearing from you should you choose to write back (either in the comments section or via private email). Your story is important to me. Everyone has one, you know...a story. And I love to hear them! I won't always know how to encourage you (should you desire it) but I will "listen" and (if you don't mind) pray for you fervently...whole heartedly.

I believe God gave us each other to help carry burdens and make the load a little lighter. Someone once told me, "More hands make less work." I guess kind of like oxen yoked together to make the tough stuff a little more bearable.

We're not always going to agree. Perhaps our beliefs are completely different. But that's okay. I don't mind if you don't mind. :) Well, now my coffee mug is empty and here I've done all the talking. Thank you for your precious time. I know it is very important...moments of your life you will never get back (as I say, sometimes). Thank you for sharing them with me. Now, what would you like to talk about? I'll go put on another pot of coffee.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails