Sunday, March 13, 2011

Overcoming Doubt and Pressing Onward

I feel as though I've been neglecting this blog recently. But does anyone in the blogosphere notice? It's pretty difficult to gauge visitors, readers, etc. unless comments are left...but I know there are many who prefer not to "comment". Kind of like the saying in radio I suppose, "Long time listener, first time caller."

Anyway, I read a post by a fellow blogger (though I cannot remember which) last week (or so) about which blogs succeed and which do not. He said he feels blogs become popular mainly by accident, that they are generally boring, and if it is engaging (namely if individuals leave comments) then the writer is doing something right. Hum, so what does that mean for my site? I'm not sure, really.

I guess I'll just carry on and if it is only to serve as a journal for me to preach to myself and organize thoughts, etc. then so be it. Praise God! But if anyone feels encouraged, I look forward to comments/discussions here, on Facebook, or in the Twitterverse.

Currently, I have been focusing quite a bit on prayer (again). I have written a draft "guest post" piece and have yet to submit it (because I struggle with my sin of doubt and anxiety and I am afraid of letting down the one for whom I wrote it). But, enough about me. This site is mainly for treasuring Christ.

Regarding prayer R.A. Torrey states,
"Sin is an awful thing. One of the most awful things about it is the way it hinders prayer. It severs the connection between us and the source of all grace and power and blessing." (HOW TO PRAY. Whitaker House. 1984. Pg. 67.)

"Our whole life should be a life of prayer. We should walk in constant communication with God. There should be a constant looking upward to God. We should walk so habitually in His presence that even when we awake in the night it would be the most natural thing for us to speak to Him in thanksgiving or petition." (Pg.81.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails