Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Rejoice with Those Who Rejoice, Weep with Those Who Weep

Today I rejoice with a very dear friend who recently had a loved one receive salvation. This individual and I have walked a similar path, faced much adversity, and weathered challenging tribulation. At times God has even placed us in the same "boat" without us knowing it. And there we sat, together, each bailing water.

10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
   the righteous man runs into it and is safe
. (Proverbs 18:10. ESV.)

I suppose I could be jealous, but praise God, I am not! I guess I could question God, "Why save that person and not this one? Don't I glorify you? Do I not do as you command? Why not reward me as well with a loved one for all eternity?". But why would I? For I know His timing and ways are perfect. My King is far wiser than I could ever be, He sees hearts, and understands what each man NEEDS to receive the Holy Spirit, eyes that see, and ears that hear.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11. ESV.)

To which I say, "I believe You, Lord. And, I thank You!"
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails