Thursday, March 03, 2011

The Wisdom of This World is Foolishness with God

Whenever things get confusing, life seems in a state of chaos, and it is difficult for me to decipher what (in a situation) is true and what is deceitfulness, I have to remind myself to keep my eyes firmly focused on the cross and to behave in a manner that is pleasing to God... regardless if it appeases man or is what man believes to be wise. (Peer pressure can be pretty tough.)

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God because they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.  (1Corinthians 2:14.)

Let no one deceive himself.  If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.  For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness"; and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile."  Therefore let no one boast in men.  For all things are yours: whether Paul or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come - all are yours.  And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's. (1 Corinthians 3:18-23. NKJV.)

"The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God."  And, I am not called to have faith in the world and glorify man.  So, why do I keep getting caught up in that web of lies?  I feel Pastor Mark Driscoll paints an excellent picture of the flesh and temptation.  One is a hook and the other is the bait.  So whenever my flesh begins to burn with anxiousness I imagine the baited hook and move past it.  Does that mean my sin of anxiety and worry are gone?  No, it just means I am not going to engage in it but rather depend on God, look to the cross, and walk with strength in Christ.

For I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me.  (Philippians 4:13. Ephasis added.)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  (Philippians 4:4-7. ESV.)

(Photo information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails