Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Though Judged in the Flesh, They Might Live in the Spirit

For this is why the gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh the way people are, they might live in the spirit the way God does.  (1 Peter 4:6. ESV.)

Christ Has Died

While on the cross Christ looked at His mother, Mary.  Beside her was her sister, Mary (wife of Clopas), Mary Magdalene, and a disciple (John 19:25).  I cannot help but wonder, (had I been alive in those days) would I have been there, too?...standing close by...mourning the loss of my teacher and Lord...holding the hand of Mary Magdalene and with my arm around Jesus' mother?

At that time they only had the Old Testament scriptures to reference.  And, they had Jesus in the flesh but were (obviously) without the Holy Spirit.  Now we have the Spirit to guide us but are (of course) lacking Christ Jesus.  But the Lord said His leaving was good for us because we would receive a helper.  And since the trinity works perfectly together isn't having the Spirit similar to being with Christ Jesus Himself?  Sure they could see Him in the flesh but we can feel Him in our heart. 

Christ Has Risen

We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him.  For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God.  So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.  (Romans 6:9-11. ESV.)

"Dead to sin".  I like the sound of that.  I abhor sin and the Holy Spirit within me gets offended at times.  But how do I explain that to those who are not "dead to sin"?  Shouldn't it cause me grief instead of anger?  Ought I not mourn (1Corinthians 5:2)?

Christ Will Come Again...Thanks be to God!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails