Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Curse of the Lord Is On the House of the Wicked

The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, 
a stronghold in times of trouble.
And those who know your name put their trust in you, 
for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
(Psalm 9:9-10. ESV.)

The Sin of Oppression

When I think of oppression --- tyrants, dictators, and those who abuse children, a spouse, or the elderly spring to my mind.  I'm sure those involved in such a situation desire a "savior" to rescue them.  But we (all of us) already have a Savior in Christ Jesus who, as the Word of God says, (among many other things) is "a stronghold for the oppressed"... a fortress (Proverbs 18:10).  If God is for us, who then can be against us? 

That is easy for me to say, right... in the land of the free, with a roof over my head, fresh water to drink, and food on my table?  But I do NOT say it lightly!!!  I might not be under oppressive political leadership (like Stalin, Hitler, etc.) however regardless of nationality, wickedness can be found on all continents, in every class.

Those Against God

Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. (Matthew 12:30. ESV.)

31 Do not envy a man of violence
   and do not choose any of his ways,
32 for the devious person is an abomination to the LORD,
   but the upright are in his confidence.
33 The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked,
   but he blesses the dwelling of the righteous.
34 Toward the scorners he is scornful,
   but to the humble he gives favor.
35 The wise will inherit honor,
   but fools get disgrace.
(Proverbs 3:31-35. ESV.)

It is my opinion there is NOTHING under the sun that the Word of God does not address.  Brutality was not born from any man but rather satan.  "Violence", wrath, "oppression" is "FOOLISHNESS"!  God's word says as much!  Regardless of race, gender, faith, age, finances, or standing!

33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Luke 21:33. ESV.)

Abusiveness, autocracy, coercion, control, cruelty, domination, force, harshness, maltreatment, persecution, severity, subduing, torment, manipulation, etc. is WRONG!  "THE LORD's CURSE IS ON THE HOUSE OF THE WICKED"!

The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil.  I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.". (Matthew 12:35-37. ESV.)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails