Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Remember This Day in Which You Came Out of the House of Slavery

Then Moses said to the people, "Remember this day in which you came out from Egypt, out of the house of slavery, for by a strong hand the Lord brought you out from this place. No leavened bread shall be eaten.  (Exodus 13:3. ESV.)

I am guilty of forgetting all the Lord has done for me.  There are days I struggle with my sin of discontentment.  I am tempted and gaze upon what my neighbor has and covet it.  But despite where I fall short, my God is always faithful to me! 

The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night did not depart from before the people.  (Exodus 13:22. ESV.)

I, like the Hebrews, have called out and pleaded for something only to be ungrateful and dissatisfied.  I sit today and my thoughts are not captive.  They swirl around in a cyclone reeking havoc.  But I have nothing about which to worry or be anxious!  God directs my heart to continue to be still and have complete trust in Him as the sovereign God of my vapor of a life.  He will "fight" for me in my trials.  I "have only to be silent".  Am I capable of keeping my big mouth shut?! 

12 Is not this what we said to you in Egypt: ‘Leave us alone that we may serve the Egyptians’? For it would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the wilderness.” 13 And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” (Exodus 14:12-14. ESV.)

He Rescued Me From My Strong Enemy And From Those Who Hated Me

He rescued me from my strong enemy and from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me.  18 They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the LORD was my support.  19 He brought me out into a broad place; he rescued me, because he delighted in me.  (Psalm 18:17-19. ESV.)

Praise the God of my salvation that He delights in me though I come before Him empty handed.  I stand at the throne of grace unable to ever pay anything back, rather only to receive.

I am my own enemy!  Like Sarah (with Abraham) who was promised a NATION, I try to rush things.  Impatiently, I (was tempted and) took what the flesh wanted 14 years ago and continue to reap the harvest to this day!  Similar to Sarah, I did not wait on the Lord.  Yet, though she messed up royally, God STILL blessed her!  And He will do the same for me! 

21 And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. 22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” (Matthew 21:21-22. ESV.)

("Tweeting the Bible in a Year")

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails