Sunday, May 15, 2011

Two Peoples from Within You Shall be Divided

And the Lord said to her,
"Two nations are in your womb, 
and two peoples from within you shall be divided; 
the one shall be stronger than the other, 
the older shall serve the younger."
(Genesis 25:23.ESV.)

As I was "Tweeting the Bible in a Year", this piece of scripture captured my attention.  What a bittersweet message from the Lord.  "Two nations are in your womb" but they shall "be divided".  As a mother I try to picture myself in Rebekah's shoes...bursting with joy to be expecting---twins, no less---and then to find each will become a "nation"!  I believe most parents want, dream, and aim for the best for their children.  What will he/she be when he/she grows up...a great leader, important teacher, celebrated athlete, etc?  But a "NATION"!  How mind blowing!

Then there is the dark cloud of strife that hovers over this blessed event.  "Peoples...divided".  I do not like it when my children fight with each other (or anyone else for that matter).  I desire them to keep the peace, support one another, and maintain healthy relationships.

Sharing God's Word

31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31. ESV)

Switching gears now.  I cannot remember a time in my life when I did not desire to share the Word of God.  My earliest memory of "broadcasting" His Word is when I was elementary school age.  I had a wireless microphone I could use with my AM/FM stereo/record player.  And my favorite thing to do was to "broadcast" a bible study (as if anyone could hear it...I'm certain the signal was only strong enough for my stereo to pick up).  But I distinctly remember choosing a piece of scripture and saying, "Now turn in your bibles to [scripture tag]."  And I would pause as if I had an audience and they were following along with me.  Silly, I know.  But am I doing that much different now?  Only instead of radio, I'm attempting to reach people via blogger and Twitter.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.". (Matthew 11:29-30.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails