Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Until He Brings Justice to Victory

a bruised reed he will not break, 
and a smoldering wick he will not quench, 
until he brings justice to victory;

(Matthew 12:20. ESV.)

I know, I quote this one quite a bit.  I guess I just need to keep preaching it to myself. But, yesterday, it was in the "Tweeting the Bible in a Year" reading.  So, why not mention it again...for good measure?

What Drives the Heart?

I find myself pondering this time and again.  For me, it is obviously the Word of God and Holy Spirit that direct my steps, capture my thoughts, and guide my heart.  What about when I was a slave to sin, though?  What does satan promise Jesus in the wilderness... food, riches, popularity, etc. (Matthew 4:1-11.)?  To be honest, those types of promises get my attention (but I know better...satan cannot be trusted in the least and I am a daughter of the King).

9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
(Matthew 7:9-11. ESV.)

How Much More Will Your Father (who is in heaven) Give Good Things to Those Who Ask

My Heavenly Father, who loves me, will give me so much more (for my own good) than the great deceiver ever would (or even could)!  I think of my own heart when it comes to my children.  I want them to have the best I (and hubs) can possibly give.  When a family has moved from one region to another, many times their reason is because they want their kids to have "a better life".  So why would my Heavenly Father not?
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails