Monday, May 09, 2011

You Alone, O Lord, Make Me Dwell in Safety

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; 
for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
 (Psalm 4:8. ESV.)

The Complaint

2 O LORD, how long shall I cry for help,
   and you will not hear?
Or cry to you “Violence!”
   and you will not save?
3 Why do you make me see iniquity,
   and why do you idly look at wrong?
Destruction and violence are before me;
   strife and contention arise.
4 So the law is paralyzed,
   and justice never goes forth.
For the wicked surround the righteous;
   so justice goes forth perverted.
 (Habakkuk 1:2-4.ESV.)

God Answers

...but the righteous shall live by his faith.  (Habakkuk 2:4. ESV.)

14 For the earth will be filled
   with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD
   as the waters cover the sea.
 (Habakkuk 2:14. ESV.)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails