Tuesday, May 24, 2011

You Meant Evil Against Me, But God Meant It For Good

I wait for your salvation, O Lord.  (Genesis 49:18. ESV.)

How Long Must I Have Sorrow in My Heart

13:1 How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
   How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

3 Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
   light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death,
4 lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”
   lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.

5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
   my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD,
   because he has dealt bountifully with me.
 (Psalm 13:1-6. ESV.)

Have They No Knowledge, All the Evildoers

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”
   They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds,
   there is none who does good.

2 The LORD looks down from heaven on the children of man,
   to see if there are any who understand,
   who seek after God.

3 They have all turned aside; together they have become corrupt;
   there is none who does good,
   not even one.

4 Have they no knowledge, all the evildoers
   who eat up my people as they eat bread
   and do not call upon the LORD?

5 There they are in great terror,
for God is with the generation of the righteous.
6 You would shame the plans of the poor,
   but the LORD is his refuge.

7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
   When the LORD restores the fortunes of his people,
   let Jacob rejoice, let Israel be glad.
 (Psalm 14:1-7. ESV.)

("Tweeting the Bible in a Year")
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails