Thursday, June 02, 2011

The Lord is My Strength and My Song

2 The LORD is my strength and my song,
   and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
   my father's God, and I will exalt him.
3 The LORD is a man of war;
   the LORD is his name.
 (Exodus 15:2-3. ESV.)

6 Your right hand, O LORD, glorious in power,
   your right hand, O LORD, shatters the enemy.
7 In the greatness of your majesty you overthrow your adversaries;
   you send out your fury; it consumes them like stubble.
 (Exodus 15:6-7. ESV.)

11 “Who is like you, O LORD, among the gods?
   Who is like you, majestic in holiness,
   awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?
 (Exodus 15:11. ESV.)

18 The LORD will reign forever and ever.”  (Exodus 15:18. ESV.)

Yesterday's reading for "Tweeting the Bible in a Year" is FANTASTIC!  John MacArthur's THE MACARTHUR DAILY BIBLE suggests Exodus 15:1-16:36, Psalm 18:20-27, Proverbs 6:12-15, and Matthew 21:23-46.  It is riddled with strong words of encouragement and warning regarding the power and righteousness of God.

The Lord Has Rewarded Me According to My Righteousness

20 The LORD dealt with me according to my righteousness;
   according to the cleanness of my hands he rewarded me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the LORD,
   and have not wickedly departed from my God.
22 For all his rules were before me,
   and his statutes I did not put away from me.
23 I was blameless before him,
   and I kept myself from my guilt.
24 So the LORD has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
   according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
25 With the merciful you show yourself merciful;
   with the blameless man you show yourself blameless;
26 with the purified you show yourself pure;
   and with the crooked you make yourself seem tortuous.
27 For you save a humble people,
   but the haughty eyes you bring down.
 (Psalm 18:20-27. ESV.)

Calamity Will Come Upon Him Suddenly; He Will Be Broken Beyond Healing

12 A worthless person, a wicked man,
   goes about with crooked speech,

13 winks with his eyes, signals with his feet,
   points with his finger,

14 with perverted heart devises evil,
   continually sowing discord;

15 therefore calamity will come upon him suddenly;
   in a moment he will be broken beyond healing.
 (Proverbs 6:12-15. ESV.)

("Tweeting the Bible in a Year")
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails