Wednesday, June 15, 2011

When Individuals Are Offended I Train Up My Children in the Word of God

Yes, when it comes to the Christian faith, I have actually had people say to me, "Why do you teach [your children] that crap?" Or, "You have [your children] drink the cool-aid?"  To tell you the truth, these kinds of statements usually take me by surprise and leave me shocked and speechless.  I have to remind myself, 
14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.  (1 Corinthians 2:14. ESV.)

Go Fish

We have just been introduced to "The Go Fish Guys" and LOVE them!  Their music is so catchy, infectious, entertaining, and a blast!  Not to mention, it's all about the Word of God!  Who knew learning (the most important lessons) could be so much fun!

To read more about "The Go Fish Guys"--- they even have a vacation bible school (VBS) curriculum--- please surf on over to their website and take a look around.  http://www.gofishguys.com/cms/

Venturing Through God's Word

When it came time to replace the bibles belonging to my young ones, I was hoping to find something by MacArthur, Piper, or Mahaney.  But as I looked among the limited selection at the bookstore those names were not among what was in stock.  What caught my attention, though, was the ADVENTURE BIBLE (Zondervan).  I have to admit, I usually hover around the English Standard Version (ESV)...however the ADVENTURE BIBLE is New International Version (NIV).

As I sat and leafed through the pages, I was pleased with what I saw.  The language was simple for the young reader and it offered special features like memory verses, facts about life in bible times (and culture), introductions at the beginning of each book stating who (was inspired by God) to write it, etc.  There are colorful maps in the back, section dividers which feature information (i.e. The ten commandments, the prophets of the bible, children God used to accomplish His purpose, etc.).

It is organized, not busy, on each page and my kiddos really seem to enjoy examining each part.

10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
   and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
   giving seed to the sower and bread to the
 eater,
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
   it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
   and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
 (Isaiah 55:10-11. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails