Saturday, June 11, 2011

When the World Tells Me God's Word is Foolishness

15 As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
   when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.
(Psalm 17:15. ESV.)

I Don't Want to Gain the Whole World and Lose My Soul

7 Whoever corrects a scoffer gets himself abuse,
   and he who reproves a wicked man incurs injury.
8 Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you;
   reprove a wise man, and he will love you.
9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser;
   teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
   and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.
 (Proverbs 9:7-10. ESV.)

Ah, the encouragement from the Word of God!  This is EXACTLY what I NEEDED to hear.  When I "reprove" a situation and receive harsh words from an individual in response, it leaves me feeling icky.  But I could not place my finger on why.  Now I understand!

I feel God's word is black and white---thankfully so because I have such a hard time with gray area!  
13 The woman Folly is loud; she is seductive and knows nothing.
 I wonder why that is...that those who speak foolishness are very "loud" about it though they "know nothing"?

3 The LORD does not let the righteous go hungry,
   but he thwarts the craving of the wicked.
 (Proverbs 10:3. ESV.)

6 Blessings are on the head of the righteous,
   but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.

7 The memory of the righteous is a blessing,
   but the name of the wicked will rot.

8 The wise of heart will receive commandments,
   but a babbling fool will come to ruin.

9 Whoever walks in integrity walks securely,
   but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.
 (Proverbs 10:6-9. ESV.)

17 Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life,
   but he who rejects reproof leads others astray.

18 The one who conceals hatred has lying lips,
   and whoever utters slander is a fool.

19 When words are many, transgression is not lacking,
but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.
 (Proverbs 10:17-19. ESV.)

21 The lips of the righteous feed many,
   but fools die for lack of sense.
 (Proverbs 10:21. ESV.>

23 Doing wrong is like a joke to a fool,
   but wisdom is pleasure to a man of understanding.
 (Proverbs 10:23. ESV.)

14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.  (1 Corinthians 2:14. ESV.)

Drink up and be refreshed!  Rejoice in the Lord, oh my soul!

There is Nothing New Under the Sun

Whatever is happening in the world today has taken place before and will repeat itself again.

9 What has been is what will be,
   and what has been done is what will be done,
   and there is nothing new under the sun.
(Ecclesiastes 1:9. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails