Friday, July 15, 2011

What Are You Currently Reading?

I don't know about you but with summer comes a major change in our household schedule. As the COO (Chief Operations Officer) of my homestead (trumped only by the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) a.k.a hubs, it is my responsibility (among many others) to make sure each child stays focused, on track, and on time. Whether it is with school work, sports, other extra curricular activities, etc. But summertime brings with it yet another challenge...to keep my crew busy and out of trouble!

This marvelous, favored season (of mine) also offers up a few more opportunities to sit down with a book...regardless if I am waiting at the pool (or another location) for the kiddos to finish playing or practice, at the park supervising time with friends, at the beach, or on the boat.

Aside from the bible, I am dabbling in two books and am seriously reading a third. The first DEADLY DECISIONS by Kathy Reichs I bought many months ago and have been falling in and out of it ever since. I stand on page 200 in chapter 22 and will continue to slowly make my way through. I suppose it is taking me so long because I am attached to the characters of the t.v. program "Bones" and though "Bones" is based on the books by Kathy Reichs involving a main character by the same name of "Temperance Brennan" she is nowhere near that of "Tempe" in the show. And, I have yet to come across a character the equivalent of "Booth".

The second book is HOW STELLA GOT HER GROOVE BACK by Terry McMillan which I have already read through once and completely enjoyed the first time around.

Third, is EAT, PRAY, LOVE by Elizabeth Gilbert. I watched the movie first and wondered what the book was like. Was the film spot on, way off, or somewhere in between. Also, I had questions regarding things I did not quite follow...which I will not mention here incase you have neither seen the flick nor read the book. I am now getting the answers to those questions within its pages. EAT, PRAY, LOVE is not a book about a follower of Christ so if you stick with Christian literature, this is not a book for you. Below is the trailer for the adaptation.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails