Monday, September 26, 2011

15 Things You Might Not Know About Me

For this post I thought I would keep things light and on the surface. Below are 15 things you might not know about me.

1. I like to sew but do not own a sewing machine. We do have an embroidery machine though.

2. I am asthmatic and cannot do high cardio things like aerobics, running long distances, swimming, etc. because I just do not get enough oxygen to do them.

3. The longest I’ve lived anywhere is 20 years. I have lived on both the east and west coast of the United States (U.S.) and on both sides of the Pacific Ocean (west coast of the U.S., Asia (9 months), and Australia (9 months).

4. I only have one blog (which is faith based) but I am also on Twitter, Google+, and Linked In. I love technology yet find it to be both a blessing and a curse.

5. I tried my hand at selling things on eBay but did not do very well.

6. My favorite ice cream flavor is Cold Stone’s Strawberry Shortcake concoction (the one with sweet cream).

7. I’ve been a Florida Gator’s fan for as long as I can remember however I have never been a student at the University of FL. I have attended a football game at the swamp, a couple of classes as a guest, and two graduation ceremonies there.

8. I have hiked to and walked along a glacier in Alaska and have experienced “white thunder” in Glacier Bay.

9. I LOVE reading and enjoy hanging out at the local bookstore with my kiddos. When all of them were younger we would each get books or magazines, a drink (coffee, hot chocolate, tea, or smoothie), and sit in the café for hours reading together.

10. I’m ¼ Italian (I think…or is it half?) and it is rumored my great grandfather or great, great, grandfather had two families...one in America and one in Italy.

11. Japanese food is my favorite! Mexican and Indian are my least favorite.

12. One day I would like to travel over seas again. For now I am hoping to drive across country a second time but using a different, more northern route. I prefer to “show” my children things (like the Grand Canyon) as apposed to just reading about them.

13. I used to study web design in San Francisco (about 10 years ago) and hated the commute at that time. Now I do not mind the drive and like spending time on the Golden Gate Bridge side of the city, visiting the beach, and Japan town.

14. I trained in dance (with a focus on ballet) and gymnastics while growing up and played beach volleyball with friends while in high school. Currently I have started learning martial arts and fancy it so far.

15. I love living a Christ centered life. I find it so fulfilling, peaceful (beyond understanding), and most times absolutely indescribable. I feel there is nothing quite like it in all the world.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails