Friday, September 30, 2011

Every Eye Will See

I never knew I loved strawberries so much until I was an adult. While growing up my mother would say, "Just try them, they're good!" But I would barely graze the stubbly surface of one with my tongue before tossing it aside and saying, "No thanks!" I did not even scratch the exterior and experience the sweet goodness underneath. Now days I fancy them so much I give myself stomach aches devouring as many of them as humanly possible. Have you ever had that happen?

God's grace is something else I did not realize I desired so much until I learned of Him in Sunday school and then His grace itself as I began spending time in His Word (each day) as an adult. And like the berries, no one could have convinced me other than what I thought. I was closed off until God opened me (my heart, my mind) to Him. I could not swim out of the shallow end and dive into the refreshing, rejuvenating, replenishing, renewing depths without being properly equipped --- like a scuba diver --- (with eyes to see, ears to hear, and the Holy Spirit).

So, the next time you offer someone a tantalizing bite and he or she refuses, do not lose heart. He/she was bought for a price, belongs to the King, and one day every knee shall bow and every voice profess His heavenly righteousness!

7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
(Revelation 1:7-8. ESV.)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails