Friday, September 02, 2011

The Lord Gave, and the Lord Has Taken Away


21 And he said, "Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."
(Job 1:21. ESV.)

This post is of a more personal nature… though, admittedly, a relationship with God (about which I often blog) is very intimate.

Today my loved ones and I are celebrating a special occasion. But, last year at this time our festivities bombed pretty significantly. There were hurt feelings and a lack of understanding as to why God would “rain on our parade” and ordain something upsetting enough to still be felt (in moderation) a year later.

This time, though, is a very different story. A month (or so) ago I took my crew (my entourage) and a few of their friends to a popular restaurant chain. Usually we go to the one south of us but this particular time (as God would have it) we went to an older location west of us. (This was not my choice but rather the logical one based on other errands that had to be run and the other family that was with us. I point this out to show God’s orchestration despite my personal plans.) There we ran into a very lovely lady who knew one of us by acquaintance (in passing). Come to find out she is the General Manager (GM) of her branch.

When it came time to make our party plans for this month, the GM blessed us abundantly! She took care of making all the arrangements and within my limited budget. (This is an area in which I have been asking God for His blessing. I am an instructor and web designer however, as I am sure with many other fields, jobs are minimal and my income nearly nonexistent.) So, (hopefully) as you can see, God had it all covered. He guided me in a direction that lead to here… and this was just a smaller item. He takes care of all the HUGE mountains in our life as well! I guarantee it and attest to it! God truly is good all the time, even when we just don’t get it.

20He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17:20. ESV.)

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails