Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Put to Death What is Earthly in You

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. (John 3:36. ESV.)

The Wrath of God

The line, "the wrath of God remains on him", makes me so thankful for God's amazing grace.

Romans 2:8: but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.

John 5:24: Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

John 6:40: For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

1 John 5:12: Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

John 20:31: but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Ephesians 5:6: Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

Colossians 3:5-7: Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of these the wrath of God is coming. 7 In these you too once walked, when you were living in them.

His Voice was Like the Roar of Many Waters

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet 11 saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

12Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me,... 13and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest....His eyes were like a flame of fire, 15 his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters....and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.
(Revelation 1:10-16. ESV.)

“His voice was like the roar of many waters.” I love the sound of the ocean as the waves crash upon the shore. Perhaps I find it so peaceful, relaxing, and calming because it is like His voice. And the flock knows the voice of their shepherd (John 10:5-6).

Endure to the End

Have you ever tried to talk a believer in Christ Jesus out of their faith or someone who does not believe into faith? It would be impossible, either way.

On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
(Psalm 62:7. ESV.)

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. (Matthew 24:9-13. ESV.)

The one who endures to the end will be saved!

(Photo Information.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails