Saturday, October 22, 2011

Do All to the Glory of God

“You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” ― Maya Angelou

Did I mention I am "Tweeting the Bible in a Year" over at Twitter?  I think I did but I'll say it again...just incase it was missed the first time (or two).

I passed the six month mark roughly 19 days ago and I am determined to make it into the homeward stretch --- the fourth and final quarter (starting at about day 274).  It can be a little challenging at times but I love doing PR for God --- not that He needs it or anything.  I simply do it because I want to and I adore it.

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.  (1 Corinthians 10:31. ESV.)

So, if you have not already, please come follow along with me tweet by tweet, verse by verse.

The Obedience of Faith: Live as You Are Called

Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him.  This is my rule in all the churches.  (1 Corinthians 7:17. ESV.)

Romans 12:3: For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

When I roll "measure of faith" around in my mind, I compare it to "talent" in a sense. Each of us has a certain amount of talent (in something).  We just do.  I cannot control at what I am good or how well I accomplish it...like dance, volleyball, gymnastics.  My younger kiddos do well in swimming.  Some individuals are very athletic while others might be more academic or social.  Sure, one can train but natural ability still plays a key roll.  (I highly doubt I could ever pole vault.  I do not even dare to try it.)

I imagine faith to be similar on some levels.  Of course I can study the dickens out of my bible but without "the grace given to me" I am still not quite going to be able to wrap my head around it...(like me and algebra...or geometry.  All those postulates and theorems just made my head hurt instead of making sense.)

But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift.  (Ephesians 4:7. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails