Monday, October 24, 2011

His Invisible Attributes in the Things That Have Been Made

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was created in God's image and I love Him (and His Son) with all my heart, soul, mind, and body. There is nothing in this world that can change that...nothing that can pluck me from His hand (John 10:29).

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ― Albert Einstein

I was blessed with certain talents (and/or "spiritual gifts") but one I love I do not possess is the art of drawing and painting.  Oh to be like Bob Ross on the PBS show "The Joy of Painting" and transform various strokes and dabs of color into amazing landscapes...lush forests, towering mountains, reflecting pools of water!

How amazing would it be to stand in an empty room with only my imagination and a canvas and be able to capture the breeze as if it was brushing the hair from neck...or the sun as though it was softly kissing my skin.

I want to sketch "The Road Not Taken" and depict the cold, depths of the vast, powerful ocean.  I desire to be able to portray the Skagway, Alaska wind that took my very breath away, tugged at my clothes, and forbade me to leave its presence.  ...Strawberries so sweet and juicy that stain my lips with their bold, red richness.  ...Sunflowers in Florence, Italy as tall as I am all swaying together in joyful harmony as though members of a gospel choir.

Can you see them?  I wish I could show you.

20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.  (Romans 1:20. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails