Monday, October 31, 2011

May You be Strengthened, Tim Tebow

"Learn to listen to Me even while you are listening to other people....Be a channel of My Love, Joy, and Peace by listening to Me as you listen to others." - Sarah Young, JESUS CALLING

19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,  (1 Corinthians 6:19. ESV.)

I'm not sure I would quite qualify as a Tim Tebow fan.  I am, however a HUGE fan of God, His Son, and the FL Gators.  GO GATORS!  So, I suppose Tebow sort of falls in there somewhere, too. ;)

I am certain he has been flooded with encouragement from his true fans regarding negative press lately and I image the support of the body of Christ is refreshing right about now.  That is the band wagon on which I am about to jump...as a fellow member of "the body".

Tim,

I am positive you know God is still on His throne and He does ALL THINGS for the good of those who are called according to His purpose.

You have always appeared to be a strong man of faith and I thank you for being such a wonderful roll model for those who look up to you.  It is such a breath of fresh air to see an individual in your position glorifying God, behaving in a manner than is pleasing to Him, and being an example of all the bible teaches for young boys as they train in Way they should go.  I am grateful to God for you, His servant.

Please do not allow unkind words to weigh heavily on your heart but rather serve as helpful criticism by which to learn and rise above.  I am thankful you have a loving family to surround you (and offer you strength in Christ) and that you do not find refuge in man but rather trust in the Lord.  Please do not grow weary and lose heart.


9 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. 11 May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.  (Colossians 1:9-12. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails