Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And the Lord Went Before Them

And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. The pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night did not depart from before the people. (Exodus 13:21, 22 ESV)

The cool breeze rushed through the aft door of the plane as the catering service endeavored to replace used product while the aircraft was at the gate. My tired body grabbed some carry on luggage and I summoned the kiddos as I slowly made way toward the cockpit. Finally, we were (almost) home after a long day of travel "from sea to shining sea". What began at 6:30 a.m. EST was now winding down at 6:00 Pacific time...(not including the hour and thirty minute drive home from the airport). I was just about spent...nearly ready to call it a day...and what a day!

God's Word

(Let me be weighed in a just balance,
and let God know my integrity!)
(Job 31:6 ESV)

Yes, let God (and everyone else) know my integrity and my heart!

What Draws Us Together?

So, what draws me to you and you to me? The things we have in common, I suppose...especially since we have most likely never met in person (so physical attraction does not weigh in on this one.) So, on what common ground do we stand?

Travel

I am a traveler by nature. I can honestly say it runs in my family and I am just wired that way. Give me two weeks worth of clothes, a suitcase, access to the Internet, a means of travel, and a way to bring my family along and I am a happy girl!

As a young adult it was a method and feeling of freedom. Then it became a job, income, and excitement. Now that I am married with children it is mainly for visiting family...however one day I am prayerful I will again get paid to be a nomad.

Oh, Lord! I am so tired. Though I love seeing your creation and experiencing various locations, tonight I am exhausted. Yet, I thank you for the opportunity!

Called in the Lord

For he who was called in the Lord as a slave is a freedman of the Lord. Likewise he who was free when called is a slave of Christ. You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men. (1 Corinthians 7:22, 23 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails