Saturday, January 14, 2012

Failure Is Death

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.” ― Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times

Here at this blog, I seek some kind of order. Though it may appear somewhat organized in appearance, I feel the posts are not. They're rather all over the place per se. So, I figure I'll attempt to keep some kind of schedule.

Mondays and Tuesdays will remain "free" post days for me.
Wednesdays are going to be "Walking with Lisa" Wednesdays.
Thursdays I will dedicate to the "Pilgrim's Progress Virtual Journey" blog hop. And, Fridays are slotted for "Faith. Hope. Love" Fridays.

Why Create

“The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive. To him... a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create -- so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating.” ― Pearl S. Buck

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
(Psalm 139:14-18 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails