Tuesday, January 03, 2012

I Will Bring You Back to the Place From Which I Sent You Into Exile

This life (James 4:14) seems like going from one season of waiting on the Lord to the next. Some of these periods of time are stressful for me (because I just cannot seem to keep my mind quiet). Others, are peaceful yet hold me in suspense as I await the unknown...that which is hidden from me yet clear to my all knowing God. (And did I mention He is all powerful too. I much prefer having Him in my corner rather than against me!)

Should I be surprised? The bible is full of occasions when God instructed someone to, "Hold that thought." Sarah and Abraham held onto the promise of a nation. Daniel was steadfast in a lion's den. Joseph served time in jail until God's appointed time. Noah and his family lived on a floating zoo as days ticked past. Ruth hung out with her mother-in-law. Zacchaeus killed time climbing a tree. (And these are only the examples that spring to mind! There are a multitude of others.) Further, what does each of these have in common? An amazing, God glorifying, breath taking outcome! I suppose the saying, "Good things come to those whom wait," is appropriate here.

I can rest in the knowledge that in each and every circumstance I can only (and be sure to) do my part. I am responsible for me...not others. I am to walk in a manner that is pleasing to God without attempting to control and/or manipulate a situation. Most importantly I am to pray and keep the faith.

Not sure what I am going on about here? Are you a bit confused? There is a work in progress which I am itching to share...but it is not quite time yet. (To be honest, it has collided with another "work in progress" and totally took me off guard!) Both are challenging...one far more than the other (on my end) and each involves individuals other than just me. So multiple lives are being touch by these events. Awesome! Anyway, once all is said and done I will be able to show you the beautiful picture God is painting (in my tiny section of His vast canvas). The seemingly random paint blots eventually come together and make sense.

For now, I will conclude with this:
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile. (Jeremiah 29:11-14 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails