Friday, February 17, 2012

I Praise You, For I am Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
(Psalm 139:14-16 ESV)

I am one of those people who usually has ideas rolling around in the brain on a regular basis. They bump around in there like silver balls in a pinball machine (as I mull over them) until I decide whether to pursue them or discard them. A new one jumped in there a few days ago but the jury is still out on it.

To do or not to do. That is the question.

I feel I do not have enough information at this point and will look to my fellow traveler, Christine, for a little input on the subject I am considering.

Healthy Soul, Body, and Mind

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV)

I love health and fitness. As I have mentioned many times before, growing up I trained in dance (with an emphasis on ballet) and competed in numerous contests. (In 1994 or '95 I entered "The American Dance Awards" and was named "Dancer of the Year".) So, when the "Mrs. California" competition entered my mind, it did not seem too far fetched...just a little different from anything I have done before. But that would make it a challenge and I like to push the boundaries of my comfort zone. (If it is not illegal and will not hurt anyone, why not?)

But right now, I have more questions than answers. (I'm just not sure if it is for me.) The entry form has a March 2012 date which is much too soon! I want some time to prepare if I am going to try it...so perhaps I'll prep now and sign up for 2013.

The heart of man plans his way,
but the Lord establishes his steps.
(Proverbs 16:9 ESV)

Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
(Proverbs 19:21 ESV)

...you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”(James 4:14 & 15. ESV.)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails