Monday, February 27, 2012

Kenpo, Frontiers, Sushi, and Candies

Recently, I have made some new discoveries I must share! It would be a sin to keep them all to myself! :)

Health and Fitness

Tracy's Karate
Kickboxing, Kenpo Jiu Jitsu, Shootfighting

When it comes to self defense, this place (in my opinion) is the Cadillac of martial art styles. Affordable, family friendly, and simply kick butt! Need I say more?! We have tried a couple of other martial art forms however they did not capture our attention as this one has. It is engaging, hands on, and gratifying. On a scale of 1 to 10 (one being the worst and ten being the best), I give Tracy's Karate a 10 (ten)! But don't take my word for it! Try it for yourself! There is most likely a location near you.

Faith and Missions

John Ramey through Frontiers

My father went on mission trips through our church when I was growing up and one day I will take my children to be missionaries when I feel they are old enough and well equipped. So, when I had the pleasure of hearing John Ramey speak and share some heart gripping stories, I think it would be fair to say I liked him immediately. An hour never passed so quickly and honestly, I could have sat and listened to Mr. Ramey all day long! He is with a group called "Frontiers" and their information can be found at www.frontiersusa.org/.

Dinner and Desert

"I Love Sushi"

Though it is insanely popular, this Japanese bistro does not have a website. But, I can direct you to another site which offers information and reviews of the joint so you can get a second, third, or forth opinion. (Actually, there are currently 395 reviews available!) As soon as we sat down, glasses of water and four sample sushi dishes were set before us. The servers buzzed around busily like...well, bees in a hive. They were very attentive and little extras even appeared from time to time. (At one point we received a couple oysters in a half shell to try.) The food was delicious and prompt. No sooner had we placed our order did it seemingly mystically appear on our table...eye appealing and appetizing despite the fact the place was pretty packed. The atmosphere was family friendly and one could either dine in the main rooms or in the karaoke section. Though we were there for over an hour the time flew by in a flurry of tantalizing entrees, free samples, and servers coming and going in a blur of accommodating hospitality. On a scale of 1 to 10 (one being the worst and ten being the best) I give "I Love Sushi" an 8 (eight) overall and look forward to going back again next time I am in the area!

Marini's Candies
Santa Cruz

When I lived in Long Beach, CA, there was a candy shop I loved near the water. "Marini's Candies" reminded me of that place but was also SO much more! My senses were on overload as I cruised one counter after the next filled with lollies! Chocolate dipped this, candied that, and gummy treats out the ying yang! It is not an exaggeration when I tell you I spent nearly an hour trying to decide on only two items...I wanted them ALL! The melt in your mouth truffles of various kinds, the elaborate caramel/candied apples, the can't get enough of it caramel popcorn, and delectable salt water taffy! The sweet smells filled my nostrils and floated through my daydreams of hot chocolate on a crisp morning or flavored coffee on a blustery day (which is exactly what it was while I was there). It is no wonder this place was featured on the Food Network! It is a dessert lover's dream come true!
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails