Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bullying: Part Five - Resources for Understanding Some Types of Bullying

I have not read up on ALL of the subcategories of bullying but because of my work as a volunteer court appointed child advocate I did come across some fantastic books in the areas of child abuse/domestic violence and I was recently told of an excellent resource for self defense. Remember, "Bullying can occur in any context in which human beings interact with each other including school, church, family, the workplace, home, and neighborhoods." (Wikipedia)

Child Abuse/Domestic Violence

DEATH BY CHILD ABUSE AND NO ONE HEARD (The Ursula Sunshine Assaid Story) by Eve Krupinski and Dana Weikel (secular) Note: This is the book that started it all for me. After reading it I knew I wanted to fight against bullying.

A CHILD CALLED IT by Dave Pelzer (secular)

THE LOST BOY by Dave Pelzer (secular)

A MAN NAMED DAVE by Dave Pelzer (secular)

WHITE OLEANDER by Jane Fitch (secular)

Self Defense

ON COMBAT, THE PSYCHOLOGY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF DEADLY CONFLICT IN WAR AND IN PEACE by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman and Loren W. Christensen (secular) Note: I have not read this one yet but it did come highly recommended.

Sin

RESPECTABLE SINS: CONFRONTING THE SINS WE TOLERATE by Jerry Bridges (bible based)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails