Friday, March 30, 2012

Bullying: Part Ten - From Where Does My Help Come?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13.)

Condition Your Body

When I first started martial arts certain techniques hurt. "Don't worry," I was told, "You won't even feel it after a while." And that is true. My arms and legs are getting used to being hit and are "toughening up". I "condition" my hands when I punch on my heavy bag and my shins when I "roundhouse" kick it.

Personally, I highly recommend kickboxing and Kenpo (Kajukenbo - Karate, Judo [/jujitsu], Kenpo, Boxing). Not only is it fulfilling exercise, I feel a sense of security in knowing how my body can be used as "a weapon" should the need ever arise. (Not to say I would definitely be successful in chasing off an attacker, but at least now I can form a plan of action in my mind and execute it.)

Sometimes Support Systems Fail. Don't Give Up!

Sometimes when it comes to bullying, we have to police the situation ourself and/or be our own "bodyguard". There are times when a support system, the body of Christ, individuals placed in authority, etc. are going to fail. Just recently a child died at the hands of a bully/abuser. The mother reported she had tried to draw attention to the situation but to no avail. Do NOT give up! "Where there is a will, there is a [legal] way."

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,

who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore. (Psalm 121:1-8 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails