Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bullying: Part Three - Fight the Good Fight

Fighting the Good Fight

Spiritual warfare, in my opinion, takes place on many different levels. I feel this includes battling against the wickedness of oppression in whatever form it takes.

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. (1 Timothy 6:12 ESV)

Knowledge is Power

I have been posting about bullying and thus far have done a bully breakdown and have covered not returning evil for evil.

I first knew I wanted to be a fighter, in middle school, when I read the horrific book DEATH BY CHILD ABUSE AND NO ONE HEARD by Eve Krupinski and Dana Weikel. The desire stirred so greatly within me to rescue that little girl. But I couldn't. She had died at the hands of her abusers...her bullies. As an adult I became a volunteer court appointed child advocate and began my education of those who use manipulation, coercion, control, and physical violence to take what they want. (Bullies come in all different shapes and sizes.)

It has been nine years but I feel I am finally getting a grip on that type of behavior and have useful tools to battle against it. Currently, I am furthering my study and have started training in self defense. But ultimately, it is the Word of God that has taught and continues to teach me the most regarding this issue.

Put on the Armor

Before I could even begin to combat this sin I first had to put on the full armor of God.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, (Ephesians 6:10-17 ESV)

Coming soon...Bullying: Part Four - Stay True to Your Race, Faith/Beliefs, Culture, Etc.
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails