Monday, March 05, 2012

The Purpose of the Lord Will Stand

When God says, "Clean the Closet."

A bible study leader once gave me this illustration:

Sometimes God tells us to clean the closet. But instead, maybe we work hard on the kitchen getting it all organized, dusted, swept, mopped, and sanitized. Then God returns to us and says, "Thank you so much for all you have done in the kitchen, but I told you to 'clean the closet'."

This has been me lately. I have been so focused, busting my butt on other projects I have neglected the ones my sovereign God assigned to me. It was not until the Lord let my heart know, though I gave something my best and it was good, it was not what I was supposed to be doing. And, to be honest, I cried...out of frustration, because of pride, out of sadness, because there was no one to turn to for comfort (I should have looked to the Good Shepherd.), because my heart hurt...the lesson was difficult. The Holy Spirit within me was burning for weeks (and I felt restless) so I cannot claim I was oblivious. God designated a, b, and c to me but instead I did x, y, and z. The bottom line is, I did not listen to my King and follow His instructions.

Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
(Proverbs 19:21 ESV)

I get it, Lord. I hear You loud and clear. It is You who makes all things come about, You who provides, You who grants favor and gives grace, You who was and is and is to come! You put me where I need to be when it is time for me to be there...not a moment too soon or a second too late.

"Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,
who was and is and is to come!"

"Worthy are you, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they existed and were created."
(Revelation 4:8 & 11 ESV)
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails